Sunday, January 31, 2010

Four Alarm Fire

"I could have helped more. I could have saved more. What if those people lost in their were my family? Would it have made a difference? I was there but I was new. I wish I could have been better. I wish I could have been stronger. Why didn't I try harder?" These thoughts, unanswered questions race through his mind. He was a new fire fighter, fresh out of training. He hadn't obtained the knowledge of what exactly to do. His first fire, so many people lost; friends, coworkers, innocent people too. He longs to go back and change it all but he can't. NO matter how much he wishes, he can never bring them back.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this. I like it how the guy wishes that he could of tried harder even though it was his first time he wished he would of done better. Very good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stream of conciousness, i think it really adds to the story that is being told. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very odd... i can't read your handwriting

    ReplyDelete