Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grand Theft Poetry

6AM Day after Christmas
You still ain't called or wrote,
So when you ask "Is something wrong?"
I think "you're damn right there is but we can't talk about it now."
I will take a step away and see if you come back.
I just found a friend in one of your lies,
to treat me so nice.
You say move on where do I go?
He kissed my lips I taste your mouth and when he pulled me in
I was disgusted with myself.
And all the walls will fade to black.
If I go before you Darling,
Don't you waste me in the ground.
Now is the moment that you know
that you told her that you loved her but you don't
You touch her skin and then you think
that "she is beautiful but she don't mean a thing to me."
Bruises that won't heal.
A handshake of carbon monoxide.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here.
I don't care if it hurts,
I want you to notice when I'm not around.
And I think "What can you be doing that is so much fun
without me by your side?"
And I try not to worry but you've got me terrified
It seems like you're in some kind of hurry to say good bye...

Brick- Ben Folds Five
Stan- Eminem
Tiny Vessels- Death Cab for Cutie
Sunday Drive- Early November
Ever So Sweet- Early November
Thinking of you- Katy Perry
Chicken Wire- Pernice Brothers
No Alarms and No Surprises- Radiohead
Creep- Radiohead
Your New Twin Sized Bed- Death Cab for Cutie
Naked as we Came- Iron and Wine

2 comments:

  1. HIGH FIVE! I really like Iron and Wine and Radiohead, two favorites.

    ReplyDelete